Friday, July 15, 2011

Jo's Rosemary bread

My new favorite bread recipe.

I was looking for something similar to focacia bread to make, and I found this recipe.
even while mixing the dough it smelled SO good, I could almost eat it raw....but I didn't...
Now, the recipe's instructions are to just throw it in a bread machine.....well....not only do I not have one...but I don't care for them either....I do, however, have a mixer :)...

so, I first mixed the yeast in warm water and sugar...let it sit for 5 min or so.....and then added it in with te rest of the ingredients....kneeded the dough until smooth, rolled it into a ball...greased a bowl (in olive oil) and let it sit for about half hour covered.

Pushed it down, split it into 3 'worms' and braided it....sprinkled it with olive oil and italian seasoning (if I had parmessan I would have also added that) and after it rose for about 45 min, I baked it for about 45 min at 350....

and...here's the recipe from ALL RECIPES

Ingredients

  • 1 cup water
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
  • 2 1/2 cups bread flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast

Directions

  1. Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select white bread cycle; press Start. 
 
 If you are like me, and don't have italian seasoning....then you can do what I did
little bit of oregano.....little bit parsley, Thyme, garlic powder....the more garlic the better (if you love garlic, like I do)
enjoy.....you might want to make two loaves, as I had to make one first thing again the next morning
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment