Sunday, July 3, 2011

Vegan(I think) chocolate chip cookies

Well as far as I know, there's no animal products in these cookies...
Though I wouldn't normaly  make them like this....lacking groceries, but wanting cookies......I figured I'd give it a go 

---------------------------------------------------------
My egg subsitute 

1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp water
1.5 tsp baking powder
mix them all together....it will foam...that's normal....let it sit for a min or two
-------------------------------------------------------

Chocolate Chip Cookies My way
makes about..15 cookies or so

  • 1-1/4 cups  flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg subsitute mixture
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips (I guess....use vegan chips....I didn't...but.....)
  • 1/4 cup shaved almonds
  • 1 squirt of molasses (I just like molasses)
so, the usual...

Step 1: mix oil and sugars
Step 2: add vanilla extract and 'egg subsitute'
Step 3: add flour, baking soda, baking powder salt.....
Step 4: add almonds and chocolate chips
Step 5: bake at 350 degrees for about 9 minutes

yummy....now you can have cookies, when you forget to put eggs and butter on your grocery list :)

picture....soon to come!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment