Saturday, March 19, 2011

Egg Carton Gardening

Today, the kids and I are going to 'plant indoors' I've been saving up my cardboard egg cartons for the past 3-6 months.
By the time the seeds sprout we KNOW there will be no more chance of frost. and I'll hopefully have all the gardning tools I need to plant them outdoors.

This is our first time having a yard that we are able to do whatever we want so we plan on taking full advantage of it.

We don't have ALL our seeds yet, but we started with Zuccini, pumpkin, water melon, cucumber, beans, carrots, bell peppers, corn, Indian corn..I think that's it..

We are going to also plant some tomatoes, beats, radish, strawberries, raspberries, onions, peas, kale, spinach, garlic, potatoes...and whatever else we cant think of :) 

here's a great link
http://www.parentsconnect.com/do/good_to_grow.jhtml

putting dirt into the egg cartons

Both kids working hard

Almost ready for seeds

Had to put me in at least ONE of the pictures

Time for seeds (cucumber)

Alisa's seeds (zuccini)

Putting dirt over the seeds

Our Garden

1 comment: